Supplemental job displacement benefits (SJDB) are used by injured workers to help them train for a new job or career. To receive SJDB for injuries that occurred on or after January 1, 2013, you must meet the following criteria:

  • you suffered from a job-related injury and filed a workers’ compensation claim that was approved
  • you have a permanent partial disability as a result of your injury
  • your employer has not offered you regular, modified, or alternative work that meets certain requirements

If you meet all of these criteria, you may qualify for a SJDB voucher, which can be used to pay for training at a California public school or other educational provider approved by the state.

Schedule An Appointment To Talk To A Workers Compensation Attorney

[ah-multi-form form=3302]

Work Injury? We Can Help!

When you suffer an injury at work, you need an experienced workers compensation attorney on your side who knows the law and has experience in dealing with your employer’s insurance company. We have dealt with ALL insurance companies in California and obtained large settlements for our clients. Here are the following steps.

Talk To A Legal Representative 1(888) 901-5240

What SDJB Vouchers Are Used For

Employees with all levels of permanent partial disability will receive SJDB vouchers of $6,000. These vouchers can be used for training, education, certification, testing fees, and materials required for educational courses. Up to $1,000 can be used to purchase computer equipment, and $500 can be used for miscellaneous expenses. Up to $600 can be used to pay for a vocational counselor.

A vocational return-to-work counselor (VRTWC) is an expert who can help you choose a training program that is a good fit for you abilities and medical restrictions. You are not required to use a VRTWC, but you should strongly consider it if you are unsure about what training program is best for you.


“I’ve received $400,000.00 through a Compromise and Release in addition to Medical Treatment for Life!”
-Mr. Rojas

“My insurance company wanted to close the case without the possibility of future medical treatment. LG LAW allowed me to continue seeking necessary medical treatment paid by the insurance company.”
– Mr. Avalos

More Testimonials

Why Us

About us

1 888-901-5240

Don’t Let the Insurance Companies Intimidate You

What to Do if Your Employer Offers You Work

If your employer offers you work that meets certain requirements, you will not be eligible for SJDB, whether or not you accept the work that is offered. Your employer must offer you work that meets the following conditions:

  • you have the ability to perform the job (it does not violate your medical work restrictions)
  • the job is a regular position lasting at least 12 months
  • the job offers wages that are at least 85 percent of your wages at the time of your injury
  • the job is located within a reasonable commuting distance to your residence at the time of the injury

If you do not want to accept the work, keep in mind that you will not be eligible for SDJB. However, if you believe the work offered violates your work restrictions, you should talk to a workers’ compensation attorney about your legal rights.

With over 12,000 workers’ compensation cases resolved and counting, LG LAW – Workers Compensation, Bankruptcy & Personal Injury Law Firm understands the medical and financial difficulties that you are facing after a job-related injury. Call 1 888-901-5240 to schedule your free consultation.